Good Morning and Happy Thursday!
Some will look at this day as “Throw Back Thursday,” while others will look at this day as “Thirsty Thursday,” so as not to get it wrong, I will let you choose. “It’s (Throwback or Thirsty) Thursday.” I, on the other hand, prefer Thirsty Thursday. In honor of Gay Pride, I have found a worthy drink to conjure up, Rainbow Shots!
I found this recipe on Spoon University’s website, courtesy of Courtney Lewis. Here is the URL for How to Make Boozy Rainbow Shots in 5-Minutes. See below for the easy step by step directions:
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Servings: 6
- 1 oz grenadine
- 3 oz sweet and sour mix
- 3 oz orange juice
- 1 oz vodka
- Splash of blue curacao
- 2 cup ice
- STEP 1. Begin by pouring 1 oz of grenadine into a tall glass.
- STEP 2. Fill the entire glass up with ice to help stack the layers.
- STEP 3. Using the back of a large spoon, pour 3oz of sweet and sour mix. This technique slows down the flow of liquids and prevents the layers from mixing too rapidly.
- STEP 4. Pour in 3oz of orange juice.
- STEP 5. Add 1oz of vodka.
- STEP 6. Lastly, add a splash of blue curacao and pour it immediately into 6 shot glasses.
- STEP 7. See the rainbow, drink the rainbow.
Fitting for a Friday, an after-work get-together. Let me know if you tried it.