After a hard day of work, I’m sure most of you are not looking forward to going home and preparing a meal that you have to actually cook. Instead, most of us would rather pop by a fast food restaurant, supermarket, or your freezer for a frozen entree, that can be put into the microwave or air cooker. While I’m not a big fan of frozen entrees. I am on the other hand fond of frozen pies, and ice cream, but we all know that neither of those are good to eat for dinner. So today, I am going to provide you with a one-pan recipe, that doesn’t require a lot of time to put today.
Not only am I going to supply you with the recipe, but I am throwing in a video with step-by-step instructions. Today’s recipe is brought to you by “The CooknShare,” which can be found on YouTube, or you can click on this URL to be taken directly to the Cook n Share’s website, where you can get the full recipe with the option of printing it out and adding it to your own box of recipes as well as become a member. You can also click on the photo below. Once you do, please give him a “like” and maybe subscribe to his channel for more delicious recipes; the choice is yours.
So let’s get started, shall we?
Recipe instructions as posted on Cook n Share with Dave’s website, which can be found at: http://cooknshare.com/recipe/pork-chops-mushroom-garlic-gravy/
Pork Chops in Mushroom and Garlic Gravy
Author: David Hood Recipe type: Main Cuisine Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 20 mins Total time: 30 mins Serves: 4
- 4 boneless pork chops
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp of butter and 2 tbsp of oil for frying
- 10 – 12 button mushrooms
- 1 small chopped onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups of beef broth
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add about 2 tbsp of butter to a preheated pan, followed by some oil.
- Put the pork chops in and sear them over medium-high heat until they cook through. This should take about 3 minutes on each side. Set them aside on a plate.
- In the same pan, add a little more oil if necessary, add the mushrooms in and fry until golden brown and the water has released.
- Place the onion and garlic in the pan and saute until they are fragrant.
- Add in the flour and stir until it coats the ingredients.
- Pour the beef broth in, stir, and bring to a boil until it thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the pork chops back in and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Garnish the dish with parsley.
- Serve and enjoy your pork chops in mushroom and garlic gravy.